Tollerton Caravan Park Customer Reviews
Recent Tollerton Caravan Park Reviews
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Submit a Review For Tollerton Caravan Park
Key Tollerton Caravan Park Details
Address: Station Rd, Tollerton, York YO61 1RD
Google Rating: 4.4
Number of Google Reviews: 143
Tollerton Caravan Park Summary
Tollerton Caravan Park is a small and friendly holiday site situated in open countryside on the edge of Tollerton village, North Yorkshire. The park offers a range of accommodation options, including holiday caravans for sale, caravans for hire, touring and camping, and winter storage. The park is open from 1st March to 30th November, making it an ideal destination for those looking for a relaxing break in the beautiful Yorkshire countryside.
Located just ten miles from York, Tollerton Caravan Park is the perfect base from which to explore the local area. The park is situated in a picturesque location, surrounded by stunning countryside, and is within easy reach of a range of local attractions, including Castle Howard and the York Railway Museum. Whether you’re looking for a peaceful retreat or an action-packed holiday, Tollerton Caravan Park has something to offer everyone.
- Tollerton Caravan Park offers a range of accommodation options, including holiday caravans for sale, caravans for hire, touring and camping, and winter storage.
- The park is located in a picturesque location on the edge of Tollerton village, North Yorkshire, and is within easy reach of a range of local attractions, including Castle Howard and the York Railway Museum.
- Tollerton Caravan Park is the perfect destination for those looking for a relaxing break in the beautiful Yorkshire countryside.
Location of Tollerton Caravan Park
Tollerton Caravan Park is situated in the beautiful countryside on the edge of Tollerton village, North Yorkshire, UK. The park is located just off the A19, 8 miles north of York, making it easily accessible from all directions.
The park is set in open countryside, surrounded by lush green fields and rolling hills. The location provides a peaceful and relaxing environment, perfect for those who want to escape the hustle and bustle of city life. The park is also conveniently located close to many local attractions, making it a great base for exploring the surrounding area.
Tollerton Caravan Park is located in the heart of North Yorkshire, a region known for its stunning natural beauty and rich cultural heritage. The park is situated close to many popular tourist destinations, including York Minster, Castle Howard, and the Yorkshire Dales National Park.
The park is easily accessible by car, with ample parking available on-site. There are also good transport links to the park, with regular bus services from York and other nearby towns. The nearest train station is York, which is just a short drive away.
Overall, Tollerton Caravan Park is situated in a prime location, offering easy access to all the best that North Yorkshire has to offer. Whether you’re looking for a peaceful retreat or an action-packed adventure, this park is the perfect place to stay.
Accommodation Options at Tollerton Caravan Park
Tollerton Caravan Park offers a range of accommodation options for visitors, including touring pitches, static caravans, and glamping pods. Here is a breakdown of each option:
Tollerton Caravan Park provides 25 grass and 25 hardstanding pitches for motorhomes, tourers, and tents from March 1st to October 31st. Some pitches come with electric hookups. The park offers winter storage for motorhomes and tourers. Visitors can call Tollerton on 01347 838313 to book.
Tollerton Caravan Park has a range of 12ft-wide caravans and holiday homes available for hire. These caravans come with a TV with Freeview/DVD, kitchen facilities including a microwave, and a bath and/or shower. Bed linen and duvets are provided.
For those seeking a more unique experience, Tollerton Caravan Park offers glamping pods. These pods come with a double bed, a sofa bed, and a kitchenette with a microwave, fridge, and sink. Visitors must bring their bedding and towels.
All accommodation options at Tollerton Caravan Park are family-friendly. The park also offers disabled facilities and communal BBQ areas. Pets are not allowed in the static caravans or glamping pods.
Facilities and Amenities
Tollerton Caravan Park offers a range of facilities and amenities to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.
The park provides clean and well-maintained facilities, including toilets, showers, and laundry facilities. The toilet and shower facilities are open during the park’s opening season. There is also a small fishing lake, where guests can enjoy fishing, and a large recreation field, where guests can play games or simply relax.
The park has a children’s playground with swings, slides, and climbing frames, where children can play and have fun in a safe and secure environment.
Station Inn Pub
The newly refurbished Station Inn pub is located at the park entrance, serving restaurant food and takeaway snacks. Guests can enjoy a meal or a drink in the pub’s cosy and welcoming atmosphere.
The park has a barbecue house, where guests can cook their own food and enjoy a barbecue with family and friends.
Other facilities available on the park include:
- Bike hire
- Disabled facilities
- Drinking water
- Seasonal pitches for guests who want to stay for an extended period
- Storage facilities for motorhomes and tourers during the winter season
Guests can contact the park directly to enquire about availability and prices for the various facilities and amenities.
Local Attractions Around Tollerton Caravan Park
Tollerton Caravan Park is situated in open countryside on the edge of Tollerton village, ten miles from York, and is a great base for exploring the local area. Here are some of the top attractions to visit during your stay at Tollerton Caravan Park.
Tollerton Park is located in an area steeped in history, with many fascinating historical sites to explore. Here are some of the top historical sites to visit:
- York Minster: One of the largest and most magnificent cathedrals in Europe, York Minster is a must-visit attraction for anyone interested in history and architecture. With its stunning stained glass windows, medieval stonework, and impressive tower, it is a true masterpiece of Gothic architecture.
- Castle Howard: This stunning stately home is one of the finest examples of Baroque architecture in Britain. With its grand halls, beautiful gardens, and impressive art collection, it is a true gem of the English countryside.
- The Jorvik Viking Centre: This interactive museum takes you on a journey back in time to the Viking Age, with exhibits that recreate the sights, sounds, and smells of Viking-era York.
The local area around Tollerton Caravan Park is also home to some beautiful natural landscapes, with many stunning nature trails to explore. Here are some of the top nature trails to visit:
- The North York Moors National Park: This stunning national park is home to some of the most beautiful landscapes in the UK, with rolling hills, heather moorland, and ancient woodlands to explore.
- The Yorkshire Dales National Park: This beautiful national park is home to some of the most dramatic landscapes in the UK, with rugged hills, deep valleys, and stunning waterfalls to discover.
- The Howardian Hills AONB: This beautiful area of outstanding natural beauty is home to some of the most picturesque landscapes in the UK, with rolling hills, ancient woodlands, and stunning views over the Vale of York.
No visit to the local area around Tollerton Caravan Park would be complete without sampling some of the delicious local cuisine. Here are some of the top local dishes to try:
- Yorkshire Pudding: This savoury dish is a true British classic, and is a must-try for anyone visiting the local area.
- Fish and Chips: This classic British dish is a must-try for anyone visiting the UK, and there are plenty of great fish and chip shops in the local area around Tollerton Caravan Park.
- Wensleydale Cheese: This delicious cheese is made in the Yorkshire Dales, and is a true local delicacy. With its crumbly texture and tangy flavour, it is a must-try for any cheese lover.
Booking and Prices
Tollerton Caravan Park offers various options for booking and pricing to make your stay as comfortable and affordable as possible.
The park provides a range of accommodation options, including touring and camping pitches, static caravans, and holiday homes. The touring and camping pitches are available from March 1st to October 31st and come with or without electric hookups. There are 25 grass and 25 hardstanding pitches to choose from. If you prefer a static caravan, Tollerton offers a selection of caravans that can accommodate up to six people. Additionally, the park has various holiday homes that can sleep up to eight people.
The prices for accommodation vary depending on the type of accommodation and the time of year. The park offers competitive rates for all its accommodation options. For example, the touring and camping pitches start from £22 per night, while the static caravans start from £285 per week. The holiday homes cost between £400 and £800 per week, depending on the season and the size of the home.
The park also offers winter storage for motorhomes and tourers, which is available from November 1st to February 28th. The storage prices are competitive and start from £150 for the winter season.
Booking can be done online or over the phone. To book, you can visit the park’s website or call the park directly. The park requires a deposit at the time of booking, which varies depending on the type of accommodation and the length of stay. The park’s cancellation policy also varies depending on the type of accommodation and the time of year. It is advisable to check the park’s website or call the park directly for more information on their booking and cancellation policies.
Overall, Tollerton Caravan Park offers a range of accommodation options and competitive pricing to suit all budgets. Whether you are looking for a touring pitch or a holiday home, Tollerton Caravan Park has something to offer.
Customer Reviews and Ratings
Tollerton Caravan Park has received mixed reviews from customers. While some visitors have praised the site for its beautiful surroundings and friendly staff, others have expressed concerns about the facilities and the cleanliness of the site.
According to reviews on UK Camp Site, Tollerton Caravan Park has an average rating of 6 out of 10 from 13 reviews. Some customers have commented positively on the site’s location, describing it as peaceful and picturesque. Others have praised the helpfulness of the staff, who are said to be welcoming and accommodating.
However, some customers have raised concerns about the facilities, particularly the toilets and showers. Some have reported that the facilities are outdated and in need of renovation. Others have commented on the cleanliness of the site, with some saying that it could be improved.
Despite the mixed reviews, Tollerton Caravan Park has also received some positive feedback on Green Wood Parks. Customers have praised the site’s well-maintained grounds and the range of facilities on offer, including holiday caravans for sale, caravans for hire, touring and camping, and winter storage.
Overall, while Tollerton Caravan Park has received some mixed reviews, it remains a popular destination for those seeking a peaceful and scenic getaway in the North Yorkshire countryside.
Park Rules and Regulations
Tollerton Caravan Park has rules and regulations in place to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all guests. It is important for guests to read and understand these rules before arriving at the park.
- The speed limit on the park is 5mph. Please drive carefully and be aware of children and pets.
- Noise levels must be kept to a minimum between the hours of 10pm and 8am to ensure that all guests can enjoy a peaceful night’s sleep.
- The park operates a strict no smoking policy in all accommodation and communal areas.
- Guests are responsible for the behaviour of their children and pets at all times. Children must be supervised and pets must be kept on a lead and cleaned up after.
- The park reserves the right to refuse admission or ask guests to leave if they breach any of the park rules.
Touring and Camping Rules
- Guests must check-in at reception on arrival and display their car pass at all times.
- All vehicles must be parked in the designated parking areas and not on the grass or roads.
- Guests must keep their pitch clean and tidy and dispose of all rubbish in the designated bins.
- Open fires are not permitted on the park. BBQs must be raised off the ground and attended at all times.
- Electric hook-up cables must be in good condition and not overloaded.
Holiday Home Rules
- Guests must check-in at reception on arrival and display their car pass at all times.
- Only the stated number of guests are permitted to stay in the holiday home. Additional guests may be refused entry.
- Guests are responsible for the cleanliness of the holiday home during their stay and must leave it in a clean and tidy condition on departure.
- Smoking is not permitted in any holiday home. Guests will be charged a cleaning fee if evidence of smoking is found.
- The park reserves the right to enter the holiday home at any time for maintenance or safety checks.
Overall, guests are expected to be respectful of the park and their fellow guests at all times. Failure to comply with the park rules may result in guests being asked to leave without refund.
Tollerton Caravan Park can be contacted through various means. For general enquiries, visitors can call the park at 01347 838313 or 07836 776704. The park can also be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visitors interested in caravan sales can call the relevant park to arrange a visit. Contact details for each caravan park are shown on the Caravan Parks page.
Between March and October, the park has a reception office that is open daily from 9am to 5pm. Outside of these hours, visitors can leave a message on the answering machine or send an email, and the park staff will respond as soon as possible.
The park’s address is:
Tollerton Caravan Park
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some nearby attractions to Tollerton Caravan Park?
Tollerton Caravan Park is situated in open countryside on the edge of Tollerton village, eight miles from York. Some nearby attractions include the historic city of York, which is home to attractions such as York Minster, the Jorvik Viking Centre, and the National Railway Museum. Other nearby attractions include the market town of Easingwold, the Howardian Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, and the North York Moors National Park.
Are there any pet-friendly accommodations at Greenwood Parks Tollerton?
Yes, Greenwood Parks Tollerton offers pet-friendly accommodations for those who wish to bring their furry friends along on their holiday. Please note that additional charges may apply.
How far is Ripon Caravan Park from Tollerton Caravan Park?
Ripon Caravan Park is approximately 25 miles away from Tollerton Caravan Park. The journey takes around 40 minutes by car.
What amenities are available at Itchenor Caravan Park?
Itchenor Caravan Park is a different caravan park located in West Sussex, and therefore not relevant to Tollerton Caravan Park in North Yorkshire.
Has anyone stayed at Tollerton Holiday Park and can share their experience?
We could not find any reviews of Tollerton Holiday Park, but there are reviews available for Tollerton Caravan Park on websites such as The UK Camp Site and Caravan Sitefinder.
Is there public transportation available from Tollerton Caravan Park to York city centre?
There is a bus stop located outside Tollerton Caravan Park, with regular services to York city centre. The journey takes around 30 minutes. Alternatively, guests can drive to York in around 20 minutes.